List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: PATCH: replace iostream.h by iostream (kdelibs)
From:       Michael Ritzert <kde () ritzert ! de>
Date:       2001-12-25 14:12:40

Hi Stefan,

On Tue, Dec 25, 2001 at 04:27:19PM +0100, Stefan Westerfeld wrote:
>    Hi!
>
> On Sun, Dec 23, 2001 at 01:34:43PM +0100, Michael Ritzert wrote:
> > here is a patch (against kdelibs CVS HEAD) to replace all occurences of
> > iostream.h by iostream. This is because GCC 3.1 will deprecate the old .h
> > headers and gives a warning about it. (iostream is standard, iostream.h just
> > common practice.)
> > Please test with other compilers and give me the Ok to commit.
>
> Seems ok to me, as quite often users complained about <iostream.h> causing
> compile problems on some platforms, whereas <iostream> was always ok. Btw,

Ok. So I will commit the changes after another recompile. I'll start with
kdenetwork where I just finished the compile.

> you might want to check that something from iostream is really used in the
> source, otherwise, you can also remove it (like in dynamicrequest.cc).

I will look over the patch and see if the only change in a file is replacing
<X.h> by <X>. If this is the case I will try to remove the include
completely and see what happens.

Michael