List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    kate interface
From:       Falk Brettschneider <gigafalk () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-12-21 21:56:59

Hi,
Being involved in Kate due KDevelop hacking I'd be interested in getting
the Kate interface into kdelibs.
I think it should be merged with the Texteditor stuff there.
Roland Krause made the Kate interface really usuable for other programs,
it's been used in Gideon and KDevelop now.
So there's a good reason to move it from kdebase to kdelibs.
After all I don't want KDevelop to be dependent from kdebase, but it is
at present.
Although it needs some polishing though as Roland told me, but C.
Cullmann is very active in that field, you know. So there's hope for a
fast solution. :-)

Ciao,F@lk

P.S.: Maybe someone can forward this to the Kate mailing-list.