List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: The handle arrows in kicker (was kicker applets usability)
From:       m_elter () t-online ! de (Matthias Elter)
Date:       2001-12-12 15:07:22

>Well I'd agree with the original poster - they make kicker look
>cluttered and messey. They should at least be themeable, so that they
>can be removed in certain themes.

I'm not sure about that. How do you answer user mails when the arrows are
there only in some themes? "You can use the context menu to remove the
applet, press the arrow button ... wait, do you use theme X?"

>After all, you have to right click on icons in kicker to remove them,
>and there's no arrow icon there. So surely its just as consistent to
>not have the arrows on applets.

Neither I nor you need the arrows to find the context menu and yes, it is
inconsitent but you won't believe how many bugs got submitted to bugs.kde.org
by people who did not find out how to remove applets.

Greetings,
Matthias