List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: w2k color scheme (BR32169)
From:       Ralf Nolden <nolden () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-12-05 7:05:03

On Tuesday 04 December 2001 08:17, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> BR32169 provides an updated color scheme for windows 2000. (attached) Can
> someone confirm that this is indeed more accurate? I have never used it, so
> I can't judge it.
>
> On the other hand, maybe it shouldn't be too accurate in case MS considers
> this its intellectual property.
Hmm...well, I made it with the color picker in a win2000 window running under
vmware - and I noticed that the gray is maybe a mixture somehow of two
different grey values, so once I hit the darker one and once I hit the
lighter one. In essence, it doesn't have the correct values I think as it is
now, but I think assembling a color scheme is more or less not intellectual
property as it isn't the same as a widget theme when it comes to look and
feel. For instance, the native Qt colors that the windows style uses are
basically the same I think that windows uses; the colors' values are the same
across systems and as such shouldn't be overvalued. Id' go with the new color
scheme if it makes it look more idenitcal.

Ralf