List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: objprelink patch for freebsd
From:       Bradley T Hughes <bhughes () trolltech ! com>
Date:       2001-12-05 7:09:33

On Tuesday 04 December 2001 21:01, Alex Zepeda wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 02:11:49PM +0100, Bradley T Hughes wrote:
> > in case someone is interested, this make objprelink work on freebsd:
> >
> > The reason it didn't work before is because the virtual table symbol
> > prefixes were different from those hard coded in the source.
>
> Really?

Really, gcc on linux uses vtable-thunks for virtual tables by default
(__vt_ prefix), while freebsd uses the normal vtables (_vt prefix).

>  A grep "linkonce" /usr/local/kde/lib/*.so turned up nothing.

objdump -t file.o | grep linkonce

This doesn't work on shared objects though (.so), only on compiled object
files (not yet linked).

> Similarly none of my objects from the Qt or KDE source have the string
> linkonce in them.  What am I missing here?
>
> - alex

Bradley T. Hughes <bhughes@trolltech.com>
Trolltech AS - Waldemar Thranes gt. 98 N-0175 Oslo, Norway
Office: +47 21604892
Mobile: +47 92019781