List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: KDE Login Suggestion
From:       Oswald Buddenhagen <ossi () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-12-04 9:51:06

> - being able to change the colors of the window and texts, including a
> transparent color option.

that's indeed on the todo list for much too long ... :(

> - set a default value for any field
> (username,

possible since 2.2. configure in pref's -> login manager -> convenience.

> password,

you don't mean it, eh? ;)
anyway, you can allow users to login without a password at all - see
above.

> session type,

hmm ... that's an idea, indeed. otoh, currently "default" is choosen,
which should do something useful - but with the default Xsession shipped
with kdm it will usually lead to nothing ... i guess, that's an Xsession
bug.

> > etc.), and if a default selection is given, this option could be hidden,
> so no one can change the value and it does not interfer in the overall
> design.

uhmm ... why would one want that?

greetings

Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool.