List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Fwd: KDE Login Suggestion
From:       Matthias Kalle Dalheimer <kalle () klaralvdalens-datakonsult ! se>
Date:       2001-12-04 9:02:15

Subject: KDE Login Suggestion
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 01:10:16 +0100
From: Marc Meessen <raistlin@cout.de>
To: kalle@kde.org

Hi...

I have a suggestion for the KDE login:
I have a background image during the login screen. Now, the kdm_greet
looks rather out of style with the rest of the screen. Could it be
implemented (or is it already, and I am just too stupid to find it after
reading all the docs I found) that the window with username and password
could be further configured?

I think of those things:
- being able to change the colors of the window and texts, including a
transparent color option.
- set a default value for any field (username, password, session type,
etc.), and if a default selection is given, this option could be hidden,
so no one can change the value and it does not interfer in the overall
design.

If those things are possible already, slap me a bit, and please tell me
how it is done. If it is not yet possible, could it be implemented somehow?

So long,
	     Marc...

--

Quoting, forwarding or paraphasing any of the above contents is
prohibited without the express written permission of the author(s).

Matthias Kalle Dalheimer
President & CEO Klarälvdalens Datakonsult AB
Platform-independent Software Solutions
http://www.klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se