List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: qt-copy / Beta1
From:       Ellis Whitehead <kde () ellisw ! net>
Date:       2001-12-03 7:57:32

> I'd like to suggest to delay Beta1 tagging till 3.0.1 is out. Its just a
> matter of a few days I hope. In case 3.0.1 is still not out by next Friday
> I'd tag then and release qt-copy with it.

I've fixed the problem with kdegames/ksirtet that was reported on kde-devel,
and the crash in kdegraphics/kuickshow that Carsten reported.  It required
some rather unpleasant hacks in order to maintain binary compatibility, and
in the code I committed there are an excessive number of kdDebug(125) calls
-- I'll remove these during the week.

> Meanwhile, please help fixing the remaining show stopper problems (I've
> heard there are still problems with KAccel i.e.) and delay bigger changes
> till after tagging. Thanks in advance!

In case knowing about "bigger changes" is of interest: I've partially
written new, better designed KKey* classes which should be more in line with
the functionality that's supposed be in QKeySequence in the future.
(KKeySequence in its current form is _not_ pretty.)  These new classes will
also simplify the KAccel* code.  I won't commit them until after the beta
freeze though.

The top items on my todo list are:
	1) update entire list view in KKeyChooser on change
	2) dialog box for setting a shortcut
	3) Write code for [Remove Scheme] button
	4) Convert old .kksrc files to new format
	5) design dialog for setting modifier names & modifier info

#2 will allow a user to enter in multiple shortcuts for a single action
(e.g., Ctrl+V and Shift+Insert) and extended shortcuts (e.g. Meta+I,K).  The
code for activating an extended shortcut's slot isn't written yet, though.

#5 will allow the user to choose different names for the modifier keys, for
example in order to reflect the Mac modifiers or name the Win key in a
familiar way (Win/Alt/Meta/Super/Hyper).

Take care,
Ellis