List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    rsync server on cvs.kde.org -- timeout problems (was Re: webcvs not updated?)
From:       "Chris Howells" <howells () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-11-27 11:43:30

At Tuesday, 27 November 2001, you wrote:

>On Tue, 27 Nov 2001, Rob Kaper wrote:
>
>> This might be a known issue, but it seems like webcvs hasn't been
updated
>> for the past three days.

Yes, it is a known issue to me -- initially I thought that it was just a
bit slow, but realised that there was a real problem yesterday.

After telling cron to send me the e-mails that result from running the
update script, I found the problem below.

>Odd... I've just run the update script manually:
>
>CVSROOT/history
>kde-i18n/ara/messages/kdebase/
>write failed on CVSROOT/history : Success
>unexpected EOF in read_timeout
>
>(And no, we're not out of diskspace).
>
>Anything wrong on the rsync server side?

I think there must be something wrong with it. Even after increasing the
timeout to 1500 seconds (it was 1000 before, and everything was working
fine), the above problem still occurrs.

I don't know who the administrator of cvs.kde.org -- but could whoever they
are please see if there's a problem.

--
Cheers, Chris Howells -- chris@chrishowells.co.uk, howells@kde.org
Web: http://chrishowells.co.uk, PGP key: http://chrishowells.co.uk/pgp.txt