List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KPropsPage, KPropsDlg, KPropsDlgPlugin and friends
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! tu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2001-11-27 11:36:28

On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 01:19:07AM -0800, Alex Zepeda wrote:

> to stuff a few plugins throughout CVS.  Maybe a CVS (kdetoys), file flags
> (kdebase, kdeutils), id3/ogg tag editor (kdemultimedia), NetWare/SMB
> attribute (kdebase?  kdenetwork?) tweaker would be useful.  I miss these
> things from Windows.

Rolf Magnus and me are working on metadata support (both read and writable).
An id3-tag plugin is already available. The basic support is already there
(see kio/kfilemetainfo.*), but there will be some API changes to allow for
asynchronous processing via a KIO job.

This will allow showing/editing of any file attributes in Konq's listview,
tooltips, the sidebar, property pages etc.

Cheers
Carsten Pfeiffer