List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KLineEdit::keyPressEvent() reading from config
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-11-25 6:56:35

On Saturday 24 November 2001 22:12, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
> On Saturday 24 November 2001 19:12, Ellis Whitehead wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > Every time a key is pressed in a KLineEdit widget, KStdAccel::key() is
> > called about 7 times.  Each KStdAccel::key() call reads from the global
> > config and makes somewhat expensive string->key conversion calls.  Might
> > it

Hmm... unless I am missing something somewhere, this cannot be correct.  KStdAccel uses
KGlobal::config() in its keys/shortcut member functions which is and as such returns a static
KConfig object.  That of course means that the configuration file should only be read once for
any given application and all the calls should use the already read information.

Regards,
Dawit A.