List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KLineEdit::keyPressEvent() reading from config
From:       Ellis Whitehead <kde () ellisw ! net>
Date:       2001-11-25 6:39:43

On Saturday 24 November 2001 10:12 pm, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
> [snip]
> > What I'm thinking is that the keys could be read in once upon widget
> > creation and stored in static variables.  Disadvantage: If the standard
> > key
>
> What about doing this in KStdAccel, and not in every place it is used?

Ok, I'll implement this and use KIPC as Daniel Molkentin suggested to keep it
up to date.

> PS: the problems in the "Configure Key Bindings" dialogs persist. Every
> item is set to "Unset". I'm running into the following "TODO": [snip]

Fixed and committed.  I'll do some more testing on it tomorrow, but if I've
missed part of the problem you're having, please let me know.  I spent most of today \
working on the shortcuts  kcontrol module -- it may be a few more days before I \
commit it because I'm  reworking the shortcut resource files at the same time and \
want to stabilize  the format first.

Ciao,
Ellis