List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Ugh. Biiig usability bug in toolbars.
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () planescape ! com>
Date:       2001-11-22 17:40:52

On Thu, Nov 22, 2001 at 08:02:04PM +0100, Marc Mutz wrote:

> On Thursday 22 November 2001 15:02, Rolf Magnus wrote:
> > Nothing to do with the tool tips, but the screenshot shows that your
> > deactivated buttons are greyed out.
>
> Oops, yes, they are. But maybe they should be lighter (_much_ lighter).
> I for one have a big difficulty separating "enabled" from 'disabled" on
> a TFT display... Why is the "disabled" palette different from the one
> used for menu items???
>
> Re: Tooltips. This is really caused by the global CC->L&F->Style
> setting. Globally setting "Icons only" shows tooltips even when the
> toolbar is locally in "text only" mode. Globally setting "text only"
> indeed disabled the tooltips (haven't checked if they are also disabled
> for locally "icon only" toolbars)...

In other words; the only bug is that applications don't listen to the
global text-only icons settings.
Could you please look at bugs.kde.org and a>
Please make a bugreport so people won't forget to fix it. Maybe at the
same time you can post in that report that 'apple style menu' is broken and
that there is no reason to keep 'toolbars are transparent when moving' since
QT (or kde) can't do anything else.