List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Heads up: new KAccel classes
From:       Dirk Mueller <dmuell () gmx ! net>
Date:       2001-11-20 19:20:49

On Mon, 19 Nov 2001, Matthias Ettrich wrote:

> > this as much as reasonable for the sake of maintainability, especially
> > since the code has become conceptually complex and will become more so as
> > the user interface to the emacs-style shortcuts is implemented.  Part of
> Just for your information: Extending QAccel to handle emacs-style shortcuts a
> la C-x C-f is on Trolltech's TODO list for Qt 3.1. Thanks to QKeySequence -
> that we introduced in 3.0 - we'll be able to do this in a binary compatible
> way.

Okay. Any chance that we can cooperate with the API and implementation
details to make KAccel and QAccel compatible again?

I'm not exactly happy with introducing a new api in
KAccel when Qt 3.1 will invalidate it again or be incompatible to it.

I'm not too happy with the current KAccel because it breaks compilation of
virtually all applications in KDE CVS, although we always tried to minimize
source-incompatible changes for KDE 3.x :-((

Dirk