List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Heads up: new KAccel classes
From:       Ellis Whitehead <kde () ellisw ! net>
Date:       2001-11-17 16:31:55

On Saturday 17 November 2001 10:36 am, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Sam, 17 Nov 2001, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
> > Another question: why are KAccelAction's members all public?
>
> and a third one: why does it break source compatibility with almost all
> applications ?
>

> Dirk

There are three cases where it does this, and two of them are valid, the
other I'm working on right now (since I hadn't encountered it before).

1) some applications will have to #include "kstdaccel.h" or another include
file that is no longer #included from kstdaction.h or kaccel.h
2) applications which used KAccel::stringToKey() or related functions will
now have to used KKeySequence instead.
3) This is the big and invalid one, I'm afraid: insertItem() and
connectItem() aren't source compatible.  I'll commit the fix ASAP.