On Saturday 17 November 2001 10:36 am, Dirk Mueller wrote: > On Sam, 17 Nov 2001, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote: > > Another question: why are KAccelAction's members all public? > > and a third one: why does it break source compatibility with almost all > applications ? > > > Dirk There are three cases where it does this, and two of them are valid, the other I'm working on right now (since I hadn't encountered it before). 1) some applications will have to #include "kstdaccel.h" or another include file that is no longer #included from kstdaction.h or kaccel.h 2) applications which used KAccel::stringToKey() or related functions will now have to used KKeySequence instead. 3) This is the big and invalid one, I'm afraid: insertItem() and connectItem() aren't source compatible. I'll commit the fix ASAP.