List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KJSEmbed added to kdenonbeta
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-11-13 23:44:26

On Tuesday 13 November 2001 03:25 pm, Richard Moore wrote:
> I've just added a new library KJSEmbed to kdenonbeta that makes it easy to
> embed a KJS interpreter in a KDE app. The lib includes bindings that let
> scripts access QWidgetFactory (so they can load dialogs/widgets from
> QtDesigner .ui files), and a binding to the properties of QObjects.

Coolness, *feature request* could you (or someone else) add support for
scriptable custom KActions, so that you can add your own toolbar-buttons that
execute some script.

Real life test-case:  *)

As a user I want to be able to add a "Close this bugreport" action to KMail.
E.g. it should reply to a mail and set the to address to
"<nr>-done@bugs.kde.org", possibly scanning the subject for the bugnumber.
(Since coolo refuses to replace the "submit@bugs.kde.org" from address)

Cheers,
Waldo