List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: lan browsing setup wizard, please have a look and comment
From:       Hetz Ben Hamo <hetz () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-11-08 0:37:12

On Thursday 08 November 2001 02:50 am, aleXXX wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I hacked a setup wizard for the lan browsing module, since it is the way it
> is now obviously very hard to figure out for users how to do it.
>
> I put the screenshots online.
> The values you see in the line edits and stuff will be inserted
> automatically, so it is mainly an agreeing to the defaults in the common
> case.

Ok, here are my comments:

1. In order to setup Lisa - I need to run kcontrol as root. Why? how about
giving me a Super user password request box?

2. Many people got either PPP or VMWare's virtual network card installed -
now when LISA only sees 1 card it works nice, but more then 1 - and you have
to do the job manually. How about letting me select which interface and then
scan?

Thanks,
--
Hetz Ben Hamo