List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KConfig object-orientification
From:       Dirk Mueller <mueller () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-11-03 11:50:59

On Fre, 02 Nov 2001, Charles Samuels wrote:

> This was backwards compatible from what I saw,  I've made final corrections.
> I'm no longer spending time on this.  If you want KDE to improve, you can
> actually be cooperative instead of reverting the commit, and giving no reason
> why.

Waitaminute. I reverted the commit mainly because of two reasons:

- it didn't compile
- after I made it compile, I was unable to restart KDE.

thats why I wrote "revert to the old but working KConfig" in the commit. I
wanted to keep the damage small because IMHO although HEAD is the
experimental branch - it doesn't mean that anybody can simple completely
break it.

That said, I still like the idea of your changes very much. However, you
should have given the other developers a bit more time to _try_ and review
your patch. There was no need to hurry and to commit it yesterday in an
obviously untested state. I don't mind if you commit untested parts
noncritical applications, but I hope you understand that kdecore is a bit
different.

Okay, so lets return to the technical parts again..

>  So don't get your ego involved.

Yup!

Dirk