List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: IRC Meeting on KDE 3 Theming [Was: Re: Reminder 2nd November]
From:       Neil Stevens <neil () qualityassistant ! com>
Date:       2001-10-28 21:49:46

On Sunday October 28, 2001 06:05, Cristian Tibirna wrote:
> On Sunday 28 October 2001 00:56, Neil Stevens wrote:
> > On Saturday October 27, 2001 08:36, Ilya Konstantinov wrote:
> > > Quite simply - we need to move WM Decorations, Themes and Styles
> > > into one KControl module.
> >
> > Having two, three, four rows of tabs in a module will be hard to use
> > and navigate.  You'd probably end up removing it from KControl to
> > break it up into different modules again.
> >
> > Ever seen an MS Word 95 config dialog?  My memories of the Office 95
> > config dialogs, with row after row of tabs, aren't pretty.
>
> Nobody implied that we should use tabs after tabs after tabs. We can
> find elegant solutions.

Well, I'd like to see the other way of putting page after page of widgets
in one KControl module.  Every other config module in KDE with multiple
pages uses tabs.

Not all of the stuff in Look and Feel is neat and parallel.

--
Neil Stevens
neil@qualityassistant.com

Don't think of a bug as a problem.  Think of it as a call to action.