List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Expanding environment variables in minicli
From:       Martijn Klingens <mklingens () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-10-28 15:29:32

On Sunday 28 October 2001 15:37, Frerich Raabe wrote:
> the attached patch expands environment variables, if possible,
> automatically in strings entered via minicli. I for one find that pretty
> convenient since I'm used to typing stuff like 'cd $KDEDIR/include' or
> similar at the console.

To what extent does this work with completion? If it is not there yet (it is
not in KDE 2.2) it would be cool to have this in minicli's completion object
as well. Konq's location bar already supports this type of completion, so you
can probably get away with ripping the code from there.

<off-topic>
Hmmm... Why don't minicli and Konq share the same completion object btw? If I
enter a URL in minicli it completes from a completely different source as the
one Konq uses. That is a bit confusing. Of course typing 'konsole' in Konq's
location bar doesn't work (although giving a full path, or
$KDEDIR/bin/konsole, _does_ work). But the list of URLs should probably be
shared. Also, the autocompletion of URLs could be activated for minicli. I
pretty much use both the location bar and minicli very often and then this
distinction can really get you mad. To make matters worse, Konq's 'open
location' dialog uses yet another completion object...
</off-topic>

Martijn