List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Reminder 2nd November
From:       Cornelius Schumacher <schumacher () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-10-26 13:55:59

On Friday 26 October 2001 14:52, Dirk Mueller wrote:

> - What is the situation with KAB? We have kab in kdelibs and kab2 in
>   kdepim. Is there any chance that we either drop one or merge them?

The new addressbook API is in kdepim/kabc. This should be moved to kdelibs.
The old API in kdelibs/kab is still needed for the tool converting the old
addressbook files to the new ones and for compatibility with applications,
which not yet use the new API, but it could be moved from kdelibs to another
place. kab2 is something different and should probably just stay where it is.

When kdepim/kabc has been moved to kdelibs, the applications using libkab
have to be ported to the new API. From memory these are the following
applications:

- kaddressbook
- kab
- kmail
- knode
- korganizer
- kandy

I think this can be done within the next one or two weeks.

> - kdoc vs. Doxygen. Should we make doxygen our recommended tool for
>   generating the documentation?

Yes, please.