List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: problem with a simple pdf
From:       "Wilco Greven" <j.w.greven () student ! utwente ! nl>
Date:       2001-10-26 7:01:14

On Fri, Oct 26, 2001 at 03:29:41AM +0200, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Oct 2001, Wilco Greven wrote:
>
> > Acrobat could. Of course Acrobat is a lot easier to use for navigating
> > large files using with links and a document outline. But KGhostView will
> > get those features too, eventually.
>
> Really? That would be awesome! Can't wait to see this :)

It will probably take a lot of time, but at least I now have an idea of
how it can be done.

All the information you need can be obtained from Ghostscript. It's easy
enough to write a PostScript script which let Ghostscript spit out an XML
representation of the outline or cross-references of a PDF file. The
question is if XML is the right way of transferring the data, and how to
get and process this data in KGhostView.

Greetings,
Wilco