List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: KURL Patch
From:       Malte Starostik <malte () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-10-14 1:39:37

Am Saturday 13 October 2001 20:28 schrieb Frerich Raabe:
> Hi,
>
> I attached a patch for kurl.* which adds a method 'queryValue()', making it
> possible to do stuff like
>
> KURL u = "http://www.foo.bar/yoyodyne.php?q1=a&q2=b";
> cout << u.queryItem("q1") << endl; // prints 'a'
>
> I found that very convenient and, after having implemented that
> functionality in a few other places, thought it would be a good idea to add
> this to KURL itself. I would have committed right away, but I guess it
> can't hurt to have patches for such fundamental classes reviewed ;-)
>
> Perhaps a cache for the query values would be worth a thought but I guess
> we'd first look how (often) that method will be used before considering the
> costs of a cache.
Please note that - despite not many sites using it - it is recommended for
HTML to use "http://www.foo.bar/yoyodyne.php?qt=a;q2=b" as & needs to be
encoded &amp; in HTML (not many sites doing this either). Although this is
HTML specific, couldn't hurt to accept this for other protocols as well (and
maybe even make it the default to be consistent).
--
Malte Starostik
PGP: 1024D/D2F3C787 [C138 2121 FAF3 410A 1C2A  27CD 5431 7745 D2F3 C787]