List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Supporting the Intel C++ compiler?
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-09-30 22:26:09

#if Simon Hausmann

> I tried it. It's quite fast in compiling. After some minor tweaking of
> the appropriate qmake.conf I got qt applications linked (-pthread missing) .
> But uic segfaults for me upon invocation (also the stl test of qt's configure
> segfaults for me with icc ;-) . Will try without threading now (oh wait,
> KDE defaults to threading... ;-)

I just installed it. I tried decoding an Ogg Vorbis file using the
gcc-built libvorbis and the icc-built libvorbis. gcc was a little bit
faster (10.7s vs. 11.2s)

It's compiling Qt 3 now... It doesn't appear massively faster than gcc.
I suppose I should have measured it. Oh well, get it working first...

Rik