List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: [patch] k_dcop_signals
From:       Malte Starostik <malte () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-09-27 23:10:41

Am Friday 28 September 2001 01:00 schrieb Alexander Kellett:
> For all who can guess what its for it'll be useful.
>
>    k_dcop_signals:
>       static blah();
>
> Any criticisms on the use of static (+public) ?
>
>    #include <myserver.h>
>
>    main() {
>       emit MyServer::mySignal()
>    }
>
> Does seem awfully nice it me, but malte had "some"
> hestitations about it, which just confused me more
> unfortunately. Maybe someone could extend this to
> be in the form it would be better in?
Well, yes.
a) static: why? You need a DCOPObject instance to emit the signal. Well, not
strictly an instance, a name would do, but I don't see the need to make it
static as
b) k_dcop_signals should be #defined protected and not public IMHO. Only the
DCOPObject itself should emit the signal.
But that's just details, the basic idea to generate stubs for DCOP signals is
just great. And gets kdocifyablity for free - now that they are actually
methods :)

--
Malte Starostik
PGP: 1024D/D2F3C787 [C138 2121 FAF3 410A 1C2A  27CD 5431 7745 D2F3 C787]