List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Fwd: Re:
From:       aleXXX <alexander.neundorf () gmx ! net>
Date:       2001-09-26 21:51:04

Some strange bug seems to happen here, maybe related to KUniqueApp ?

Alex

Subject: Re:
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 23:38:39 +0200 (CEST)
From: "Jan F. Gosch" <snoopy@diku.dk>
To: alexander.neundorf@rz.tu-ilmenau.de

On Wed, 26 Sep 2001, aleXXX wrote:
> On Wed 26 Sep 01 18:48, you wrote:
> > I'm not using KDE-Desktop and the control-center won't start under the
> > WM I'm using, so the pointer to the config-file was what I needed.
> >
> > Regards Jan.
>
> Nice to hear :-)
> But why doesn't the control center start ?
> What do you use ? Gnome, xfce,.... ?
>
> Bye
> Alex

I'm using PWM, a nice little manager with a cool feature for controlling
the windows. Most of the kde-apps start, but I'll think the control-center
won't cause it references some symbols that are loaded at the
kde-desktop-init.
Ok this is rather strange, I can load it as root from an xterm but not as
a normal user(just tried it once more).Nevertheless, thats not so
important. I don't need it anyway. I like to do configuration directly in
the textfiles.

But check out pwm, I find it great.

http://www.students.tut.fi/~tuomov/pwm/

Regards Jan.