List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: admin patch to get KDE built on FreeBSD with libqt-mt
From:       Bradley T Hughes <bhughes () trolltech ! com>
Date:       2001-09-17 7:39:25

On Saturday 15 September 2001 10:10, Alex Zepeda wrote:
> Hmm.  What about setting LDFLAGS before running configure?  I seem to
> recall that configure picks this up and appends/prepends it to whatever
> the app's makefile sets it to.

This doesn't work.  Makefile.am's throughout the source tree reassign
LDFLAGS.  Reread my mail again. :)

> However, for getting it to link, I've found linking libqt-mt with (in my
> case) -lc_r seems to be an easier solution.  I imagine -pthread would
> work as well.  For now, it's not running.  But I guess I'll update and
> go from there.

As I mentioned before, -pthread should be the preferred way to link KDE on
FreeBSD since this is the way -STABLE does it.

> - alex

Bradley T. Hughes <bhughes@trolltech.com>
Trolltech AS - Waldemar Thranes gt. 98 N-0175 Oslo, Norway
Office: +47 21604892
Mobile: +47 92019781