List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Revolutionary Change (kicker)
From:       Carsten Wolff <AirWulf666 () gmx ! net>
Date:       2001-09-15 12:56:53

Am Samstag 15 September 2001 13:29 schrieb Matthias Elter:
> Sounds like a matter of taste. My opinion is that 64x64 icons are a waste
> of screen space.

Sure, it's a matter of taste, and that's why every new feature can be
switched off and why we give users the choice.

> Did you ever try to remove a Window Maker applet? I find it quite hard to
> exactly hit the 2 pixel border.

Did Charles write a patch for Windo Maker? This is about an idea for KDE, not
about an improvement of WM.

> Does it?

again, a matter of taste. Maybe, you don't like it, I love it.

> >i) for those stuck in the past, this can also be put in any location, with
> >any orientation, and can be made to look a lot like the current kicker
>
> To be honest, I consider a NextStep like UI "stuck in the past".

Hm. Yes, i think, it must be possible to switch back to exactly the "old"
kicker, not to a "look a lot like". Maybe, one can realize this as a
"kicker-style" ?

> P.S.: I don't want to offend you, but why not simply work on Window Maker
> to make it 100% NET_WM compliant?

Because, Charles wants to improve kde. I think, it's the versatility, that
makes KDE great. And this would be another nice option for the user.

Greetings, Carsten.