List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Qt versus threading
From:       Bradley T Hughes <bhughes () trolltech ! com>
Date:       2001-09-10 10:13:31

On Monday 10 September 2001 10:48, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Sep 2001, Bradley T Hughes wrote:
> > I don't mean to sound rude, but just because someone says "threads
> > don't work on FreeBSD" doesn't mean that it's true.  There are some
> > special considerations that need to be taken into account when using
> > threads on FreeBSD though, which can be addressed case by case.
>
> Sounds like a misunderstanding from my part. Somehow I got the
> impression you were running a FreeBSD != stable.

And I should have mentioned: this mail wasn't directed strictly at you,
but to the entire list.

> My mail wasn't meant to upset you, sorry.

It didn't upset me, I was just sick of the misconception that threads
didn't work on FreeBSD was propogated without any good reason.  No
specific cases, no backtraces, no bug reports, etc.

;)

> Martijn

Bradley T. Hughes <bhughes@trolltech.com>
Trolltech AS - Waldemar Thranes gt. 98 N-0175 Oslo, Norway
Office: +47 21604892
Mobile: +47 92019781