List:       kde-community
Subject:    Re: request | are you keeping (unsupported) hardware in use by running Plasma?
From:       Fusion Future <qydwhotmail () gmail ! com>
Date:       2023-01-06 12:59:16

On 2022/12/9 21:01, Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss wrote:
> - Distro and desktop environment you use,
> - hardware information (RAM, etc.), and
> - bonus points if you know that other operating systems have
> discontinued support for that hardware (and if possible a link).

https://www.notebookcheck.com/Test-Dell-Venue-8-Pro-5855-Tablet.161341.0.html

- openSUSE Tumbleweed, KDE Plasma 5.26

- 4 × Intel ® Atomâ„¢ x5-Z8500 CPU @ 1.44GHz

4GiB RAM

- It doesn't run Windows 10 smoothly, the drivers are old and the
reading/writing speed of sdcard is low. With Linux it's not smooth
either, but becomes much more useful as I can run some home automation
services on it.