List:       kde-community
Subject:    Re: Anonymous contributions
From:       "Friedrich W. H. Kossebau" <kossebau () kde ! org>
Date:       2019-04-16 20:42:50

Am Dienstag, 16. April 2019, 22:29:49 CEST schrieb Friedrich W. H. Kossebau:
> Am Dienstag, 16. April 2019, 22:16:40 CEST schrieb Boudewijn Rempt:
> > On dinsdag 16 april 2019 22:10:54 CEST Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> > > I wonder if the commit push hook could not actually compare against
> > > identity.kde.org to check for validness of name & email address, at
> > > least
> > > for the committer. The schema there already has name & email-address,
> > > perhaps could be extended to allow configuring custom commit name &
> > > email
> > > address for those who need.
> >
> > You cannot do that, because new contributors aren't in identity,
> > necessarily.
>
> For new contributors, that's where I proposed to use some commit message
key
> word, so the "old" contributor (as in, registered with identity.kde.org and
> having push rights) who is pushing that commit can flag the author data as
> "new person, I checked validness of author metadata".

Or to give concrete example (assuming some person called, say, Linus Torvalds
who might have sent a patch for Subsurface Drawing Mode for Krita).

--- 8< ---
committer: Boudewijn Rempt <boud@valdyas.org>
author: Linus Torvalds <linus@torvalds.family>
message:
Subsurface Drawing Mode

Adds UI variant for Subsurface Drawing Tablet

EXTERNAL_AUTHOR

The hook would check the committer first, then the author, both against
identity.kde.org. If the author is not matched, some explicit keyword (e.g.
EXTERNAL_AUTHOR or whatever makes sense) in the commit message could overrule
that check and hint the committer takes responsibilty that the metadata of
that external author is okay.

Cheers
Friedrich