Am Dienstag, 16. April 2019, 22:29:49 CEST schrieb Friedrich W. H. Kossebau: > Am Dienstag, 16. April 2019, 22:16:40 CEST schrieb Boudewijn Rempt: > > On dinsdag 16 april 2019 22:10:54 CEST Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote: > > > I wonder if the commit push hook could not actually compare against > > > identity.kde.org to check for validness of name & email address, at > > > least > > > for the committer. The schema there already has name & email-address, > > > perhaps could be extended to allow configuring custom commit name & > > > email > > > address for those who need. > > > > You cannot do that, because new contributors aren't in identity, > > necessarily. > > For new contributors, that's where I proposed to use some commit message key > word, so the "old" contributor (as in, registered with identity.kde.org and > having push rights) who is pushing that commit can flag the author data as > "new person, I checked validness of author metadata". Or to give concrete example (assuming some person called, say, Linus Torvalds who might have sent a patch for Subsurface Drawing Mode for Krita). --- 8< --- committer: Boudewijn Rempt author: Linus Torvalds message: Subsurface Drawing Mode Adds UI variant for Subsurface Drawing Tablet EXTERNAL_AUTHOR --- 8< --- The hook would check the committer first, then the author, both against identity.kde.org. If the author is not matched, some explicit keyword (e.g. EXTERNAL_AUTHOR or whatever makes sense) in the commit message could overrule that check and hint the committer takes responsibilty that the metadata of that external author is okay. Cheers Friedrich