List:       kde-community
Subject:    Re: KDE now has its own Matrix infrastructure
From:       Nate Graham <nate () kde ! org>
Date:       2019-02-26 18:22:03

 ---- On Tue, 26 Feb 2019 10:37:56 -0700 Christian Loosli <kde@fuchsnet.ch> wrote \
----   > That all in mind is why I think the approach was maybe not the best one and  \
  > should be reconsidered for future events and articles.
 >
 > Thanks and kind regards,
 >
 > Christian

I'm in agreement with Christian about this. Conducting this process behind closed \
doors seems to have backfired, as evidenced by the technical problems that happened \
anyway and the controversy and drama that we're all now embroiled in. Regardless of \
intentions, these results should be a clear sign that the process didn't work and \
needs to be re-examined. And it's very disappointing to hear that a part of the \
reason for this process was specifically to exclude a particular person. It's no \
great secret that Paul and Jonathan don't have a great working relationship, but this \
problem needs to be addressed openly. The two of you trying to work around one \
another, occasionally writing passive aggressive emails on the mailing list is not \
how the problem will get solved; instead it will just get bigger over time.

We don't need secrecy, politicking, and personality-driven conflicts like this in \
KDE. When there's a problem, let's handle it like adults so we can all get back to \
the business of making the finest open-source software the world has ever seen.

Nate