List:       kde-community
Subject:    Re: Bugzilla template problems
From:       Andrew Crouthamel <andrew () crouthamel ! us>
Date:       2018-10-08 19:10:44

------- Original Message -------
On Friday, October 5, 2018 2:23 PM, Karl Ove Hufthammer <karl@huftis.org> wrote:

> BTW, is having to enter detailed metainfo in Bugzilla really
> neccesary? Currently, even for simple bugs, I have to enter:
[...]
> As a comparison, at GitHub, to file a bug, you just have to enter:
>
> Title
> Description

We had this previously, where the details were added in without any template and the \
bug reports were very lacking, always requiring follow-up work. The current template \
is at least producing bugs with higher quality information.

If someone doesn't want to fill out everything, they don't have to. I've seen plenty \
of people deleting some of the template or not filling out some fields.

Andrew Crouthamel