List:       kde-buildsystem
Subject:    Re: Phonon build problem in trunk
From:       Raphael Kubo da Costa <kubito () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-07-02 17:22:02

2009/7/2  <annemarie.mahfouf@free.fr>:
> hi,
>
> Since the change to kde-qt, the recommanded configuration for Qt is to build with \
> Phonon. Following a mail to kde-devel mailing list about Phonon I tried this \
> morning a clean build (with no installed Phonon from kdesupport). But kdebase does \
> not build, cmake rejects the kde-qt Phonon with the following error: Phonon (4.2.96 \
> or higher) is needed (it says from kdesupport/phonon)
> Which Phonon is prefered (prefered in the sense it should be default for people who \
> just build without asking themselves many questions)? Qt or kdesupport?
> I am now installing kdesupport/phonon in the meantime in order to get my KDE again, \
> hoping this will be sorted soon. Maybe a short note about Qt version & svn or git \
> path + Phonon version & svn path for both 4.3 branch and trunk is needed in order \
> to clear things up for people building manually.

As a sidenote, in the message I sent to kde-devel, the error I got
from kdebase came from the fact that kdebase/runtime/phonon uses the
Phonon/* includes which are not installed by Qt's phonon.

kde-qt/src/phonon/phonon.pro does set PHONON_MINOR_VERSION to 3 and
PHONON_PATCH_VERSION to 1, so cmake shouldn't fail that way.