List:       kde-buildsystem
Subject:    Phonon build problem in trunk
From:       annemarie.mahfouf () free ! fr
Date:       2009-07-02 8:03:01

hi,

Since the change to kde-qt, the recommanded configuration for Qt is to build with \
Phonon. Following a mail to kde-devel mailing list about Phonon I tried this morning \
a clean build (with no installed Phonon from kdesupport). But kdebase does not build, \
cmake rejects the kde-qt Phonon with the following error: Phonon (4.2.96 or higher) \
is needed (it says from kdesupport/phonon)

Which Phonon is prefered (prefered in the sense it should be default for people who \
just build without asking themselves many questions)? Qt or kdesupport?

I am now installing kdesupport/phonon in the meantime in order to get my KDE again, \
hoping this will be sorted soon. Maybe a short note about Qt version & svn or git \
path + Phonon version & svn path for both 4.3 branch and trunk is needed in order to \
clear things up for people building manually.

Best regards,

Anne-Marie