List:       kde-buildsystem
Subject:    auto-import errors with mingw
From:       ralf.habacker () freenet ! de (Ralf Habacker)
Date:       2006-02-28 20:06:43

Hi all,

I 've just tried to compile khtml on windows with mingw and got many of
the following errors:

CMakeFiles/khtml.dir/domparser.obj(.text+0xe0b): In function
`ZN3KJS9DOMParserC1EPNS_9ExecStateEPN3DOM12DocumentImplE':
F:/daten/kdelibs/khtml/ecma/kjs_binding.h:68: variable 'vtable for
KJS::JSObject' can't be auto-imported. Please read the document
ation for ld's --enable-auto-import for details.

This messages indicates, that there is code referenced without
dllimport/dllexport decoration. I suggest to add
-Wl,--disable-auto-import to mingw linker script to avoid such confusion
and to make clear that there is decoration is required.

Another solution would be to use -Wl,--enable-runtime-pseudo-reloc but
with the drawback, that a specific linker script is required  (
bksys/win32/i386pe.x-no-rdata) and no read only data sections are
possible with g++ on windows .

Ralf