List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: more backgrounds
From:       Rik Hemsley <rik () rikkus ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       1999-09-14 23:53:37

#if Steven M. Scotten
> I'm getting to the point where I'm treating this like photography: just shooting
> as many as I can and hoping that some of them work out. There are a couple in
> this batch that I think are sufficiently non-zany for office use. (I wouldn't
> really know, not being an office worker or someone who has a particularly firm
> grip on the concept of "non-zany")

I like 'greenish', and I like the idea you've used in many of these, with the
small shaded squares. It looks good in 'ease_thepain_2'.

Remembering that I'm going by what I believe to be sensible criteria (see my
original 'Black shaft' posting for this, and the definition of 'non-zany'), and
not just my own personal opinion (I'm no artist*, and certainly no art critic),
I think we already have some good, and some excellent candidates for the
various sections:

Corporate-friendly: blue_angle_swirl, charcoal_sunset, greenish, gold_crinkle
Exciting: northbeach, faded_paint

Cheers,
Rik

* What am I doing leading this team then ;)