List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Please check: new KDE Standards web site
From:       Peter Penz <peter.penz () jk ! uni-linz ! ac ! at>
Date:       1999-09-07 14:18:26

Hi!

Because many applications don't fulfill the KDE Standards, there was
made a proposal to give a "KDE compliance award" to all applications,
which are 100% KDE standard compatible.

Because there were small inconsistences in the KDE standards and there
was a mixture of descriptions for "implementing an application" and
"designing a user interface" we did following:
- We collected all standards.
- Tried to fix some small inconsistences.
- Discussed different topics for a while.
- Made a new web-page for the KDE-standards.

Note: this is only a "prerelease" - I hope I didn't forget something.
Because the standards only make sense, if all developers respect them, I
give the webpage free for discussion:

http://www.esh.uni-linz.ac.at/~mother/hci/basics/index.html

PLEASE MAIL ME SUGGESTIONS AND COMMENTS:
mailto:peter.penz@jk.uni-linz.ac.at

------------

It would be fine, if especially developers of KOffice and KDE2.0 would
make some suggestions. I think it is clear, that the KOffice will get
the KDE compliance award, but for that we have to find a common line for
the standards. Please help us!

I would also need some help to transform the KDE Standards to a
Postscript-Document, so that developers don't always need to have a look
at the web-page. It shouldn't be to hard to transform html to LaTeX and
make a postscript - can somebody support me?

Thanks to Markus and Troy for helping and all other members of the
KDE-HCI-mailing list.

Peter