Hi! Because many applications don't fulfill the KDE Standards, there was made a proposal to give a "KDE compliance award" to all applications, which are 100% KDE standard compatible. Because there were small inconsistences in the KDE standards and there was a mixture of descriptions for "implementing an application" and "designing a user interface" we did following: - We collected all standards. - Tried to fix some small inconsistences. - Discussed different topics for a while. - Made a new web-page for the KDE-standards. Note: this is only a "prerelease" - I hope I didn't forget something. Because the standards only make sense, if all developers respect them, I give the webpage free for discussion: http://www.esh.uni-linz.ac.at/~mother/hci/basics/index.html PLEASE MAIL ME SUGGESTIONS AND COMMENTS: mailto:peter.penz@jk.uni-linz.ac.at ------------ It would be fine, if especially developers of KOffice and KDE2.0 would make some suggestions. I think it is clear, that the KOffice will get the KDE compliance award, but for that we have to find a common line for the standards. Please help us! I would also need some help to transform the KDE Standards to a Postscript-Document, so that developers don't always need to have a look at the web-page. It shouldn't be to hard to transform html to LaTeX and make a postscript - can somebody support me? Thanks to Markus and Troy for helping and all other members of the KDE-HCI-mailing list. Peter