List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Redesign of 40-color-icons
From:       Torsten Rahn <torsten () alpha ! tat ! physik ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       1999-06-04 18:06:57

Hi KDE - Artists:

The icons for the following apps really NEED to be
redesigned:

KDE adressbook (kab) -- "could have a better look ..."
KDE Hex-Editor -- the icon resembles anything but a hexeditor
KDE Jots (?) (kjots) -- there are two different icons for
                        two different sizes

If anyone (really anyone who reads this list!) has any idea,
please tell me! Any proposals for icons should use 16x16
pixels using the 40 colors that can be found in kiconedit
or in the old icon-style-guide on www.kde.org!

This is necessary to make sure that it is possible to have
a small version of the proposed icon and that it looks
still acceptable (the better this one will look the better
will look the larger ones!)

Are there any other icons in the KDE 1.1.1 that *really*
need a redesign and that I forgot? (some *could* be
redesigned but we should do them for KDE 2.0 IMO)

Torsten