List:       kde-artists
Subject:    ANNOUNCE: Heading for KDE 1.1.2 release
From:       Torsten Rahn <torsten () alpha ! tat ! physik ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       1999-05-27 16:36:07

> Procedure:
>
> I will post an announcement to kde-devel every week to reflect
> the current progess of the release. This way, every developer
> should be able to know what is going on.

Please post these to kde-artist@kde.org , too!
You should know why ... :-)
I would even suggest to move the whole discussion there!

> CRITICAL:
>
> - Output of the team currently know as the "Artist Team"
>
> Could you (Torsten?) please give me some feedback?

O.k. here we go:

Current release-date-aim: end of july '99

Icons:
=====
Icon's are still somewhere between a 50-70% completion
level with increasing development speed. (But we still
need more artists -- especially people who are really good
at drawing icons!!!).
To make sure that we are right in time we should aim to
have the whole set finished by end of june. The whole
icon-set should be moved to the CVS-tree then.

Themes:
======
Still worrying about the size I think that we should
include 5 themes. Not more and not less. Three of them
probably are:

- A yet to be designed KDE-default-HiColor-Theme
- MacOS-Theme (I don't really want to ask but what about
  any possible copyright-problems concerning this one?)
- Drawing-board-Theme

Concerning apps:
The artist-team needs kthememgr -- so this one has to be
at least included.

The other apps, hmm, ask Stephan Kulow about these.
Personally I would say that kpackage and Caitoo are
really essential programs that many people would need
much more than many other apps included in KDE.
But that's only my opinion and as I am only the
coordinator of the Artist-Team ask Stephan about it.

Torsten