List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: KDE-artist-team
From:       Torsten Rahn <rahn () astrophysik ! uni-kiel ! de>
Date:       1999-05-26 5:06:19

t150315@students.cc.tut.fi wrote:

> > we have found someone who will render (and already makes cool
> > rendering-stuff of) Tux.
> Nice! :-)
> > Important: please have a look at:
> > Aren't these pictures of Tux cute?
> Yep. :-)  However, POVray and lightwave are probably not compatible,
> so joining Tux & 'spaceship' still has to be done by hand. :-/

Perhaps the final pov-ray-script could be imported by lightwave?
Is lightwave a linux-app? (Yes, I have no clue ... :-)
Perhaps you can use the same software ? Perhaps it would
be better to discuss that with Carlos ...
If thereīs no better solution then joining has to be done by hand.

> > Could you please contact him?
> > The name of the creator is:
> > Carlos Rego <carlos@3dwizards.com>
> Ok.
> > Please work together (hope this will work) and please try to make it
> > style-compliant with our green dragon konqi -- he will appear on the
> > screensaver, too (Tux is already style compliant ...)!
> Btw. What this 'style-compliant' means? :-)

That you try to match the same style of design.

> > And the space-ship should be style compliant with Tux of course ...\
> > The final Tux-spaceship-combination should measure about 200x150
> > pixels ...
> I've thought a bit more about the how the 'spaceship' should look like.
> I think that futuristic cross between surfboard and snowmobile (haven't
> yet decided what the handlebars should look like) could be 'it' :-).
> Tux & Konqi can be added to it easier than into a regular 'UFO'.

Konqi will not be added to the UFO -- he should fly in the space without
any help (he has wings :-)) that even work without air ...)

> > It would be nice if you could use the mailing-list for all discussion
> > concerning this little project as often as possible:
> > kde-artists@kde.org
> Aarggh, yet another mailing list... I'm afraid I haven't got time

No, itīs low-traffic ... unfortunately ...

> (I suppose it will have rather lot of mail).  Is there any digest /
> archive, where I could browse it?

Yes:

http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-artists&d=1&r=1&w=2&b=199905&e=199906

Greetings,