List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: New HiColor-icons: easteregg2.jpg
From:       Torsten Rahn <torsten () alpha ! tat ! physik ! uni-tuebingen ! de>
Date:       1999-05-15 14:45:13

Martin Konold wrote:

> On Sat, 15 May 1999, Torsten Rahn wrote:
Hi,
> > Hi,
> > A second screenshot which shows some of the new HiColor-icons
> > which are developed by the kde-artist-team for KDE 1.1.2 and
> > KDE 2.0 can be found here:
> >
> > ftp://upload.kde.org/pub/kde/Incoming/easteregg2.jpg
>
> Wow, this is pretty! I think i will love these icons on my new SGI1600
> screen ;-)
>
> Small remarks: I would like to have the tar.gz icon changed in a way that
> it looks more physically correct. The vertical string should be below the
> horizontal string and a little bit bended toward the right in the middle.

I donīt think so -- I like it ... Szymon?

BTW: Szymon Stefanek has done all those beautiful Mime-type-Icons! I
really *love* the new shell with the pea^Hrl inside ... itīs so
beautiful ...
I could keep on staring at it for hours *sigh*!

The rest of the credits go to

Andre M. Czausov
Rik Hemsley
Torsten Rahn
and Stefan
Spatz

> On the other hand the persepective of the CDROM and the floppy are
> different. They should be unified.

Iīll try ....

> What about changing the folder icons too. They currently look a little bit
> strange and too straight (exact vertical lines etc).

Iīve planned to work on this. Well look into the kde2*.tar.gz-file on
Monday
again ..

> BTW: What about a new KDE Mousepointer?

I donīt know if we should use a white Mousepointer like Windows
(or GN ...?). I like my black pointer -- but any commits appreciated ...
;-)

> Regards,
> -- martin

Torsten