List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: [kde-artists] App icons for non-SC apps in the oxygen iconset, useful?
From:       "Friedrich W. H. Kossebau" <kossebau () kde ! org>
Date:       2013-01-09 18:21:48

Hi Nuno,

thanks for your reply.

Am Mittwoch, 9. Januar 2013, 13:08:39 schrieb Nuno Pinheiro:
> A Terça, 8 de Janeiro de 2013 21:01:02 Friedrich W. H. Kossebau escreveu:
>
> what ever you guys fal its best,

Okay, so I am going to remove the icons
	oxygen-icons/*/apps/karbon.png
	oxygen-icons/*/apps/kexi.png
	oxygen-icons/*/apps/krita.png
from the oxygen iconset in the next days, both from trunk and the 4.10 branch.

> im tempeted to say that ith the icons are
> good enough you could ship them upstream to oxygen, i will probably aprove
> them..
>
> btw can i see the new icons?

They are the ones you can see at the header of http://www.calligra.org/ , i.e.
the ones which once were made for the apps in KOffice IIRC, but now e.g.
without the small KOffice button at the left side of the top bar. So almost
like the copies currently in the oxygen-iconset, cmp. e.g. the Karbon one:

http://websvn.kde.org/*checkout*/trunk/kdesupport/oxygen-
icons/64x64/apps/karbon.png?revision=976866

https://projects.kde.org/projects/calligra/repository/revisions/master/entry/karbon/pics/app/hi64-
app-karbon.png

And in the last months it was even considered to come up with completely new
app icons, which are easier to separate from each other and reflect more of
the Calligra identity (whatever that is :) ).

So even if the now current Calliga app icons would move upstream to the
oxygen-iconset as you proposed, they might be soon out-of-date again and then
shadow any new ones. So best really is to keep the icons close with the
Calligra source and have them provided by Calligra itself.

Cheers
Friedrich