List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: [kde-artists] New Oxygen icon "page-zoom"
From:       Jakob Petsovits <jpetso () gmx ! at>
Date:       2008-05-26 14:11:53

On Monday, 26. May 2008, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> What field of engineering did you study?

I'm sure you know that questioning a person (character, origins, education)
instead of the person's arguments is a form of an ad hominem attack, and as a
witted engineer I'm sure you want to avoid using those.

Just a reminder, before something in that direction gets said.

Additionally, it's not important at all for open source where a person comes
from. In Drupal, we've got a 12 year old whiz kid who has not studied
anything yet and outcodes most of the tried and skilled older developers.
Plus a set of 15, 16 and 18 year old students too.

None of those have been to university yet, but they are still respected
members of the community because they have proven themselves through
valuable work, and in open source that is more important than any form of
high education.

Also, please stop the debate about "unthemed" icons. I should never have used
that word, and I certainly didn't mean it this way, and whoever is right on
the hicolor vs. desktop default issue - that discussion is over, and has been
for quite some time.

Regards,
  Jakob (yes, I know I should stop replying)