List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: [kde-artists] New Oxygen icon "page-zoom"
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2008-05-26 13:27:16

Kenneth Wimer wrote:

> Logic for the sake of logic is not necessarily what we want. We are
> making this stuff for people.

The logic is not for the people.  The words are for the people.  The
logic is for the code that looks up the icons.  The code will choke on
things that people would think was fine.

> People tend not to see *everything* logically (execpt perhaps the
> Germans :p)

LOLROF

OK, you got me.  Not only did I go to engineering college but I am
German (one set of great grand parents were immigrants and their son
married a Keyser (which is either Ellis Island spelling or low
German/Dutch).  Probably the worst you could get, a German engineer (and
one that likes math).

Note, saying that I am an engineer is not boasting, I intend it as a
warning.  Sorry if that isn't clear.

What field of engineering did you study?

--
JRT

Mud wrestling with a pig is like arguing with an engineer.  After a
while you realize that they enjoy it.