List:       kde-artists
Subject:    [kde-artists] [RFC][Fwd: Re:  Missing Oxygen icons (for Okular)]
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2008-05-21 18:48:51

So, what should we rename:

	next
	previous

These exist in some of the icon themes in KDEArtWork (CrystalSVG, ,
Tango, and GNOME themes!  I must rename them something.  I would like
your input on this.

IIUC, I have agreed that:

	view-next
	view-previous

are not satisfactory, and we have agreed that they should be named:

	go-next-<something>
	go-previous-<something>

because they are not related to other icons in the "view" tree.

and the only issue is what "<something>" should be.  Your thinking seems
to be that you are starting with square one with Oxygen and therefore
question if we should have these icons.  This isn't going to work --
history exists and backward compatibility is needed.  These icons have
existed since at least KDE2 -- they were in the old HiColor theme when
it was renamed to KDEClassic.

My suggestions for "<something>" are:

	view
	document

I would be glad to hear other suggestions from other artists.  Since
these are to be the icon names for the KDE Standard Actions:

	DocumentBack
	DocumentForward

perhaps, "document" is the best choice.

NOTE: that it is not relevant if Oxygen isn't going to have these icons
since they will fallback to:

	go-next
	go-previous

--