List:       kde-artists
Subject:    Re: [kde-artists] Default colors in KDE4
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2006-07-14 2:39:00

Olaf Jan Schmidt wrote:
> Hi James!
>
> Thanks for your detailed response.
>
> [ James Richard Tyrer ]

>> I have been complaining about a certain icon theme in regard to
>> usability issues for some time.
>
> Did you test the monochrome icon theme of kdeaccessibility?

I'm not quite that myopic.  KDEClassic is fine.  But the Crystal type
icons don't have enough contrast to quickly recognize in 16x16 and 22x22
sizes.  I am one of those that call them fuzzy colored blobs. :-)

So, this is something to consider for usability.  The KDEClassic theme
is a bit dated but it does have better contrast than some of the newer
styles.  What I would like to see is a new HiColor theme that would be
more modern but would still have good contrast and black outlines.

Good luck with your project.

--
JRT